Dinosaurs ROAR! Crazy Cretaceous
Sponsored by: The David Brooke Charity
This fact book invites young explorers to become paleontologists and time travel back in time to the prehistoric era. This is the third fact book in our Dinosaurs ROAR! series. Crazy Cretaceous introduces four fearsome dinos with tactile pictures, audio descriptions and stupendous sound effects. Get to know the awesome Ankylosaurus, tremendous Triceratops, punchy Protoceratops and finally, the terrifying T-Rex. This fact book may support project work, independent learning and reading for pleasure.
Listen to an audio clip
At the top of the snout trace carefully to feel a small dip. This is one of Tyrannosaurus' two nostrils. Scientists believe that T-Rex had a very good sense of smell, a lot more powerful than ours, so that it could seek out prey or the rotting flesh of a dead dinosaur over long distances.
From the nostril, move down the front of the snout and feel the gap between the dinosaur's two giant open jaws. A Tyrannosaurus could open its jaws far wider than you can manage with your mouth. This enabled it to take truly gigantic bites out of its victims. Scientists estimate a single T-Rex bite could contain over 200 kilograms of flesh and bone! Wow, that's a full mouthful.
- A collection of raised tactile pictures.
- Audio descriptions with music and sound effects in your chosen format of either CD or USB.
- A picture scrapbook – A4 large print colour image pack.
- An Activity Pack with contents list, suggestions for fun things to do and more.
- An ‘Articles for the Blind’ returns label for the free and convenient return of the box.