How we help teenagers
Books for Blind and Visually Impared Teenagers
Our library of tactile and audio books is free to join for blind and partially sighted teenagers in the UK. If you are under 18 an adult will need to join on your behalf. We have a large and growing library of Touch to See books for blind and partially sighted teenagers to suit all interests.
These aspirational guides cover fashion, music, theatre, film, astronomy, football, art, architecture and healthy lifestyles.
Books to inspire, educate and entertain
- Learn about the history of fashion through the decades and then discover how to recreate your favourite looks be it 60s Beatnik or 70s hippie with ‘Fashion Now’.
- Rock your way through popular genres from rhythm and blues to heavy metal with our indispensable guide to ‘Music Now’.
- Go behind the camera to explore the history of cinema and genres such as horror and science fiction in ‘Lights, Camera, Action!’
- Explore the wonders of the Universe, discover black holes, galaxies and study the night sky with ‘Ka-boom: a guide to the Universe’.
What’s inside our Touch to See books for teenagers
- Up to 10 tactile pictures.
- Entertaining and atmospheric audio guides that describe and discuss the tactile pictures, often read by famous voices and enhanced with music and sound effects.
- Colour pictures to accompany each tactile picture that can be shared with sighted companions.
- An Activity Pack with ideas for fun stuff to do, art and crafts, recipes, reading ideas, film recommends and more.