Magnificent Machines that go Vroom Vroom! Part 1
Written by The Living Paintings
Illustrated by The Living Paintings
Suitable for: 5-7 years (Key stage 1)
Sponsored by: The Fence Club Trust Fund, The Hedley Foundation
Available braille grades:
This book is designed to be a fun and engaging book that will give children a short introduction to the world of vehicles and machinery from emergency vehicles to the Formula 1 racing car! It may be used to support play and learning at home or in school. The introduction is read by Grace Webb, from CBEEBIES ‘Amazing Machines’ and the Formula 1 racing car is read by Formula 1 racing commentator Lee McKenzie
Listen to an audio clip
Hello, my name is Grace Webb and I love vehicles! I like finding out about what they do and how they work. And if I’m lucky – I like taking them for a test drive too! Welcome to our special collection of Magnificent Machines that go Vroom Vroom! Part 1 in this series includes emergency vehicles, transporter vehicles and two very special, super-fast sports vehicles.
Our first emergency machine helps people when they are unwell … it’s an ambulance! When people are very unwell they can call 999 and ask for an ambulance. An ambulance will arrive with specially trained people and equipment to help.
Let’s explore one in our feely picture. Start at the top and trace slightly down to find the roof of the ambulance.
At the bottom of this tactile picture is another super amazing emergency machine. This machine is big, red and its main job is to put out fires. (Short Pause) That’s right it’s a fire engine!
I bet you are wondering ‘how the water gets to the fire?’ Well, in the back of the fire engine is a very large, long hose that can reach the fire with its powerful jet of water.
- A collection of raised tactile pictures of 7 of the women from the original book
- Audio descriptions with music and sound effects in your chosen format of either CD or USB.
- An A4 colour image pack.
- Guidance notes for parents and teachers to help you make the most of using this book.
- An ‘Articles for the Blind’ returns label for the free and convenient return of the box.
Touch to see image list
1. Emergency Emergency: Introduction, Ambulance and Fire Engine read by Grace Webb, from CBEEBIES ‘Amazing Machines’
2. Clean Streets: Road Sweeper and Rubbish Truck read by Grace Webb, from CBEEBIES ‘Amazing Machines’
3. Terrific Transporters: Skip Truck and Car Transporter
4. Express Delivery: Fork Lift Truck and Lorry
5. Speed on Two Wheels: Hope Lotus Track Bike
6. Pole Position: McLaren F1 Racing Car read by Formula 1 racing commentator Lee McKenzie