Especially loved the tractor and hay baler!They enjoyed feeling and gaining knowledge about the various vehicles, continuously asked what noises the mini tipper and the tipper truck made whilst tipping, they especially loved the tractor and hay baler the best. Understanding the vehicles gave them a better understanding of how they drive and what kind of things would be inside.Parent
We visited a farm over the weekend, they were allowed inside a tractor and taken on a little trip on one which, now seeing the actual size, has increased their enthusiasm in these vehicles.
Magnificent Machines that go Vroom Vroom! Part 2
Written by The Living Paintings
Sponsored by: Rees Jeffreys Road Fund
Available braille grades:
This book is designed to be a fun and engaging book that will give children a short introduction to the world of vehicles and machinery from building machines to fantastic farm machines! It may be used to support play and learning at home or in school. The introduction is read by Grace Webb, from CBEEBIES ‘Amazing Machines.’
Listen to an audio clip
AUDIO TRAILER TRANSCRIPT - VROOM 2
Hello, my name is Grace and I love vehicles. I like finding out about what they do and how they work. And if I’m lucky – I like taking them for a test drive too!
Welcome to our special collection of Magnificent Machines that go Vroom Vroom! This is Part 2 and includes Fantastic Farm Machines and Busy Building Machines.
We’re going to start with the building machines that help builders with the many tasks that they have to perform on a building site.
The first is an amazingly powerful machine capable of moving huge loads … it’s a backhoe loader!
The backhoe is usually used for digging trenches or holes on building sites and an experienced operator should be able to dig a trench 1.5 metres deep and 3 metres long in less than 15 minutes. Quick work!
It would take someone 3 or 4 hours to move that much soil with a spade!
What a magnificent machine! There’s more building site vehicles to explore in this book…I hope you enjoy these too. Bye!
- Audio descriptions with music and sound effects in your chosen format of either CD or USB.
- An A4 colour image pack.
- Guidance notes for parents and teachers to help you make the most of using this book.
- An ‘Articles for the Blind’ returns label for the free and convenient return of the box.
Touch to see image list
1. Busy Building Site: Introduction and JCB backhoe loader read by Grace Webb, from CBEEBIES ‘ Amazing Machines’
2. Busy Building Site: Mini Tipper and Tipper Truck
3. Busy Building Site: Concrete Mixer and Excavator
4. Fantastic Farm Machines: Tractor and Hay Baler
5. Fantastic Farm Machines: Combine Harvester