Available braille grades: Grade 1,
This fact book takes the listener on a musical journey around the world and gives blind and partially sighted children access to a selection of tactile pictures that illustrate different types of musical instruments. A lively sound track with music, sound effects and interviews with musicians adds to the enjoyment. This fact book is designed to be a fun leisure activity, support independent learning as well as supporting subjects across the National Curriculum. Also great for home-schooling, homework-help, project work and reading and listening for pleasure.
Listen to an audio clip
For the open tone you hit the edge of the drum with the top part of your palm, nearest your fingers, letting your fingers bounce off the drum head. Listen For the slap, you cup your fingers slightly as you strike the head, relaxing your fingers out and letting them bounce off the head. The slap stroke makes a pop sound. Listen For the heel-tip movement you rest your full hand on the drum head, then slowly rock your hand from the heel of your palm to the tip of your fingers. Listen For the heel-tip movement, you rest your full hand on the drum head, then slowly rock your hand from the heal of your palm to the tip of your fingers. Listen.
- A collection of raised tactile pictures.
- Audio descriptions with music and sound effects in your chosen format of either CD or USB.
- A large print colour image pack.
- Guidance notes for parents and teachers to help you make the most of using this book.
- An ‘Articles for the Blind’ returns label for the free and convenient return of the box.