The Wonderful World of David Walliams
Sponsored by: The Edward Gostling Foundation
This tactile collection is the perfect reading for pleasure companion, the tactile pictures depict the characters and scenes from a selection of children’s fiction by David Walliams including Awful Auntie, Gangsta Granny, The Boy in the Dress, Grandpa’s Great Escape, The Midnight Gang, Mr Stink and Bad Dad. The audio guide does not tell the story but describes the raised images. It provides a wonderful springboard for the young person to read or listen to the classic story for themselves. Perfect to inspire a love of reading for pleasure. The audio guide is read by a star cast including David Walliams, Hugh Bonneville and Dan Snow.
Listen to an audio clip
My name's David Walliams. This tactile and audio book brings to life characters from some of my children's stories, as illustrated by Sir Quentin Blake and Tony Ross.
Twelve year old, Ben stays at his Granny's house every Friday night, whilst his parents have their weekly night out. He thinks she is the world's most boring granny. All she wants to do is play scrabble and eat cabbage soup. What's that smell? Eugh she smells of cabbage!
He wears a pale pink, bridesmaid's dress. Yes you heard me right! He's wearing a dress and it's the most exquisite dress I've ever seen! It glides so beautifully as he runs.
- A collection of raised tactile pictures.
- Audio descriptions with music and sound effects in your chosen format of either CD or USB.
- A large print colour image pack.
- Guidance notes for parents and teachers to help you make the most of using this book.
- An ‘Articles for the Blind’ returns label for the free and convenient return of the box.