The Roald Dahl Collection 2The link between the raised images and the description in this pack is super. Sighted children in the class also really enjoyed this pack.Janine
The Roald Dahl Collection Pack 2
This collection contains painted tactile pictures taken from illustrations, by Quentin Blake, in Roald Dahl’s books; Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and James and the Giant Peach. The audio guide does not tell the story but describes the raised images. It provides a wonderful springboard for the young person to read or listen to the classic stories for themselves. Perfect to inspire a love of reading for pleasure.
Listen to an audio clip
Hanging straight down to the left of Charlie, find one of his arms. Feel down to find his hand and four fingers. There's something in his hand. Can you guess what it is? Yes, the big flat Golden Ticket. Charlie's holding onto it very tightly in case it gets blown away in the wind. Without it he and his Grandpa won't get into the factory. Go back to Charlie's shoulders, across to the right and you'll find his other arm. This is raised and bent at the elbow so he can hold Grandpa Joe's hand.
- A collection of raised tactile images of the main characters featured in the book.
- Audio descriptions with music and sound effects in your chosen format of either CD or USB.
- An A4 large print colour/black/white image pack.
- Guidance Notes to help you make the most of using this book.
- An ‘Articles for the Blind’ returns label for the free and convenient return of the box.
SuperThe link between the thermoform and the description is super. This pack was very appropriate for the children to use their own description to describe the pages.Library Member