The Roald Dahl Collection
This collection contains painted tactile pictures taken from illustrations, by Quentin Blake, in Roald Dahl’s books; Danny the Champion of the World, the BFG and Matilda. The audio guide does not tell the story but describes the raised images. It provides a wonderful springboard for the young person to read or listen to the classic stories for themselves. Perfect to inspire a love of reading for pleasure.
Listen to an audio clip
The giants in this story are meant to be fifty-four feet in height. That must be about as high as a house. The BFG is about half the height of the giant, but even so he is still a giant. In his right hand he is holding Sophie and she just fits into the palm of his hand, almost like a large apple.
Try and imagine that you are the size of an apple and being held in someone's hand. And that the person who is holding you is only half the size of the person next to him. You would probably feel very, very small.
- A collection of raised tactile images of the main characters featured in the book.
- Audio descriptions with music and sound effects in your chosen format of either CD or USB.
- An A4 large print colour/black/white image pack.
- Guidance Notes to help you make the most of using this book.
- An ‘Articles for the Blind’ returns label for the free and convenient return of the box.