Suitable for: Book Clubs
Sponsored by: May and Stanley Smith Charitable Trust
The French call love at first sight un coup de foudre – a lightning strike. Enjoy the simmering passion of Jacob and Rachel and the tactile ardor of Brancusi’s The Kiss. Be struck by the power of love.
Listen to an audio clip
The figures face each other in an embrace. The female figure is on the left of the thermoform and the man is on the right. Start at the top, in the middle there is a dip where their lover's heads meet. Trace left and right to feel their hair, simply carved as channels cut into the stone. Return to the top middle and trace down. First you will come to their eyes, again the figures are in profile and we can feel the eyes as half circles on the thermoform. The figure of the man, on the right, appears to have a bigger eye than his lover. Further below, their lips meet in the kiss, which again is carved very simply as half circles.
- 10 copies of two or three raised tactile images.
- Audio descriptions with music and sound effects in your chosen format of either CD or USB.
- An A4 large print colour image pack, containing 10 copies of each topic.
- Guidance Notes, for Book Club leaders, to help you make the most of using this book.
- An ‘Articles for the Blind’ returns label for the free and convenient return of the box.