Very inspiring book!Fabulous Frocks book gave one of our members the idea to go to a material shop and make a collage from all the different textiles, the textures all felt very different and it was wonderful to feel. Very inspiring book!Library Member
Fabulous Frocks (Adult Touch to See Club)
Suitable for: Book Clubs
Sponsored by: Clothworkers
Available braille grades:
These three paintings show us fabulous frocks and fashions from three different eras. Enjoy the richness and texture of the fabrics, jaunty hats and gem stone jewels – all wonderfully depicted by the artists.
Listen to an audio clip
She is wearing a magnificent pale silk dress with a low neck line, long elaborate ruched sleeves and full skirt. This she holds up with one hand, showing a dash of deep blue lining. All the skill and expertise of Allan Ramsay is demonstrated here. The folds of the fabric have the lustre of a pearl, which is so rich it almost takes our breath away. The silk is silver white where the light, coming from the left, falls directly onto it, while a whole range of deep silvers and greys are shown in the shadows. Elizabeth, the subject of the portrait, has fair skin, heavy lidded brown eyes and dark brown hair, a ringlet carefully falls over one shoulder. Her right hand is held out, palm upwards in front of a classical urn full of flowers.
- 10 copies of three raised tactile images.
- Audio descriptions with music and sound effects in your chosen format of either CD or USB.
- An A4 large print colour image pack, containing 10 copies of each topic.
- Guidance Notes, for Book Club leaders, to help you make the most of using this book.
- An ‘Articles for the Blind’ returns label for the free and convenient return of the box.