Dinosaurs ROAR! Triassic Rocks
This fact book invites young explorers to become paleontologists and time travel back in time to the prehistoric era. This is the first fact book in our Dinosaurs ROAR! series. This journey through the Triassic and Jurassic periods is led by presenters Jon and Holly. Join them as they encounter carnivorous creatures, lumbering sauropods, armour-plated giants and tiny but deadly hunters. There’s also the chance to explore the pre-historic landscape, with tactile pictures of a fossil, fern and volcano. With atmospheric music and sound effects this book is a thrilling adventure and a must for dino fans. This fact book may support project work, independent learning and reading for pleasure.
Listen to an audio clip
Dinosaur roar sound effect
The first dinosaur we're going to meet is a Coelophysis.
The Triassic landscape where many Coelophysis lived was mostly hot and arid probably desert-like. There might have been areas of swamps near the coastline. If there was foliage it would have been mainly green ferns and conifer trees.
The Coelophysis is in the bottom half of the tactile picture. It's standing sideways on so you can feel over it. Coelophysis, which means "hollow form", weighed around 27kg, which is lightweight for a dinosaur. The adult Coelophysis was 2 metres long. Feel the size comparison to a human on the left edge of the picture and then feel over the dinosaur.
- A collection of raised tactile pictures.
- Audio descriptions with music and sound effects in your chosen format of either CD or USB.
- A picture scrapbook – A4 large print colour image pack.
- An Activity Pack with contents list, suggestions for fun things to do and more.
- An ‘Articles for the Blind’ returns label for the free and convenient return of the box.