Very inspiring book!Fabulous Frocks book gave one of our members the idea to go to a material shop and make a collage from all the different textiles, the textures all felt very different and it was wonderful to feel. Very inspiring book!Library Member
Fabulous Frocks (Book Clubs)
Suitable for: Book Clubs
Sponsored by: Clothworkers
Available braille grades:
These three paintings show us fabulous frocks and fashions from three different eras. Enjoy the richness and texture of the fabrics, jaunty hats and gem stone jewels – all wonderfully depicted by the artists.
Listen to an audio clip
She is wearing a magnificent pale silk dress with a low neck line, long elaborate ruched sleeves and full skirt. This she holds up with one hand, showing a dash of deep blue lining. All the skill and expertise of Allan Ramsay is demonstrated here. The folds of the fabric have the lustre of a pearl, which is so rich it almost takes our breath away. The silk is silver white where the light, coming from the left, falls directly onto it, while a whole range of deep silvers and greys are shown in the shadows. Elizabeth, the subject of the portrait, has fair skin, heavy lidded brown eyes and dark brown hair, a ringlet carefully falls over one shoulder. Her right hand is held out, palm upwards in front of a classical urn full of flowers.
- 10 copies of three raised tactile images.
- Audio descriptions with music and sound effects in your chosen format of either CD or USB.
- An A4 large print colour image pack, containing 10 copies of each topic.
- Guidance Notes, for Book Club leaders, to help you make the most of using this book.
- An ‘Articles for the Blind’ returns label for the free and convenient return of the box.